Turmeric Tofu Scramble with Cauliflower Steak
The ultimate vegan breaky
2 x 1cm slices of Cauliflower
225g Organic Firm tofu
1 tsp Ground Turmeric
1/2 tsp Ground Smoked Paprika
1 Tbsp Coconut oil
2 Sprigs Green Onion (scallions) thinly sliced
Sea Salt & Cracked Pepper
2 small handfuls Alfalfa sprouts
1/2 C grape Tomatoes cut in half
1/2 Avocado sliced
2 Lemon wedges
1. Preheat oven to 180 C. Drizzle cauliflower 'steaks' with EVOO & season place on baking tray into the oven. Cook for 12-15 mins
2. While the steaks are cooking, drain and pat dry the tofu & crumble into small pieces into a bowl & mix with turmeric & paprika.
3. Heat coconut oil in pan on medium, add onion & fry for 30 seconds & add the tofu scramble. Cook for 5 mins.
4. Once cauliflower has started to brown on edges, remove from oven. Place each steak onto serving plate & top with tofu scramble.
4. Serve with anything you like. I like avo, fresh tomato, alfalfa sprouts & fresh lemon juice
Cauliflower is park of the Brassica family, which is great for liver detoxification. Turmeric's active ingredient curcumin is a well known anti-inflammatory, which is even said to have anti-cancer properties.
vegan, vegetarian, egg free, dairy free, gluten free