Mango Summer Salad
A super quick & easy salad, pairs perfectly with some seafood or grilled meats
2 C Arugula (rocket)
1/2 C Cooked quinoa (1/4 C uncooked)
1/2 *Pickled Spanish Onion
Handful of Grape tomatoes
1 Ripe Mango
Juice of 1/2 lemon
2 Tbsp EVOO (extra virgin olive oil)
Pinch of sea salt
1. Place 1/4 C uncooked quinoa into saucepan with 1/2 C cold water, bring to boil cover & reduce to simmer for approx. 12 mins & allow to cool completely. Alternatively use any left-over quinoa you already have
2. Cut avocado in half, remove seed and score into criss-cross pattern. Remove flesh with a spoon, repeat with other side & set aside. Repeat with mango.
4. Cut grape tomatoes in half
5. Place all salad ingredients into a large bowl & gently toss to combine
6. Mix EVOO, lemon juice & salt together & dress salad just before serving.
PICKLED ONION: finely slice the Spanish onion. Place in bowl covered with 1/4 C white wine vinegar 1/4 C water, 1/2 tsp salt & 1/2 tsp sugar. Allow to stand for min 15 mins.
Turn this into a Vegan main meal by adding 1/2 C cooked lentils & top with some pepitas and sunflower seeds
Each serve contains high amounts of Vitamin A, Vitamin C, Fibre & Folate. Arugula has a peppery taste & is part of the Brassic family meaning it's great for oestrogen clearance. Quinoa is a Gluten Free super grain packed with proetin, iron, fibre, magnesium and manganese. Mango the star of this dish has high amounts of Vitamin C which helps to absorb non-heme (plant-based) iron.
vegan, vegetarian, gluten free, dairy free, egg free